The "Breeze" and the "Light Breeze" Wind Generator Kits
The Breeze is best suited for areas with average winds of 12+ MPH, while the Light Breeze is best suited for areas with winds of 5-15 MPH.
Complete Wind Generator Kit features the following:
- The DC-540 or DC520 Permanent Magnet Alternator PMA equipped with 3-phase External Rectifier connector and standard DC output connection.
- TLG Windpower Products NEW Stainless Steel Hub 5 Foot Diameter "Cy-Clone" Rotor Blades perfectly match our generators providing increased performance in high wind situations while still maintaining great low wind performance.
- Custom Built Yaw Mount Assembly with Exclusive Teflon Pivot Washer.
- Laser Cut Aluminum Tail Vanes which match the Rotor Blades Perfectly and Create a Super Cool Look
- This is The Highest Quality PMA Wind Generator Kit around. Built with the Best Components at an Affordable Price
- Complete Assembled Weight: 34 lbs
- Overall Length 43"
- Completely Brushless Alternator eliminates the need for maintenance and reduces friction
- NEW !! Features 303 Stainless Steel Generator Shaft for the ultimate in corrosion protection and increased power output.
- Now equipped with a 3-phase External Rectifier pigtail. This small black connector on the back of the unit allows you to run less costly 3-conductor wire to your battery location instead of large heavy battery cables. Once at the battery location the 3-phase power is fed into an External Rectifier (see our extra equipment page) and converted to DC for connection to the battery. Note: The alternators can still be connected for DC output by using the battery terminal on the back of alternator, however, only one output should be connected to your batteries at a time. The other should be left unconnected.
- Specially wound Low RPM Output stator.
- Super Strong N40 grade Neodymium rare earth magnets in its core to replace the inefficient electromagnetic field coil.
- Zero Cogging
- It is built using Brand New GM Delco alternator components including NEW Stator Coils, factory balanced Stainless Steel shafts and New Rotor Pole Shoes.
- Replacement bearings and parts will be available for years.
- Built-in rectifier provides DC output if you don't want to use the 3-phase External Rectifier output connection.
- Built to last with a baked on clear ceramic finish that will last for years in harsh outdoor environments
Rotor Blade Features:
- Proven design by one of the Best Blade Manufactures in the Industry, TLG Windpower Products
- 5 Foot (60") in Diameter
- 3/16 Inch Thick Stainless Steel Hub and 1/8 Inch Thick Laser Cut Aircraft Grade Aluminum Blades for Maximum Strength and Durability
- Super Quiet Design, If you own a set of those Noisy Black Plastic Blades sold by fledgling wind turbine companies you won't believe the difference.
- Blade Hub comes Unpainted ready to Prime and Paint the color of your choice. The Blades can be waxed, or painted with a clear coat finish but even if left untouched they will remain shiny for a long time.
- These are NOT Cheap Thin Aluminum blades. A Hail Storm will not damage them and Winds up to 100 MPH will not Bend them
Generator Mount Features:
- Modern Simple Design creates a Clean Look
- Strong 1 Inch Steel Square Tubing Frame
- Fits over Standard 1.5 Inch Schedule #40 or #80 pipe
- Low Friction Teflon Pivot Washer for Smooth Yaw Movement in the Lightest Breeze. A First for Kits in this Class.
- High Quality Split Lock Collar at the Base for a Strong Hold on your Tower
- Built-In Tail Boom holds a Beautiful Set of 1/8 Inch Laser Cut Aircraft Grade Aluminum Tail Vanes. Vanes can be waxed or painted with a clear coat finish but like the blades, if left untouched they will look new for a long time.
- Mount comes painted in a Black Primer finish and ready to paint the color of your choice.
The fact is in most areas of the country the average winds are less than 20 MPH. These kit are specifically designed for Low Wind areas. The light breeze unit cuts-in and starts charging a 12 Volt battery in just a 6 MPH wind, and the Breeze begins charging at 12 MPH. No gimmicks or fancy sales pitch just the REAL TRUTH.
The chart below represents the actual outputs of the kits. We are not afraid to show you our actual output chart. Others may sell wind generator kits based on maximum output in Hurricane Force Winds but we want to let you make an intelligent decision based on the everyday output from our kits.
Charts represents actual charge into a 12 Volt Battery:
ABOVE IS THE BREEZE BELOW IS THE LIGHT BREEZE
We have found that a small steady charge in low winds is better than waiting for a windy day to come around.
Proudly made in the USA